Do I need a TUMMY TUCK or Do I need LIPOSUCTION?
Many of my patients are surprised to find out they need a tummy tuck in place of, or in addition to liposuction. Here is a quick guide to help.
Do you have? Yes No
1. History of full-term pregnancy
2. Significant weight loss
3. Presence of stretch marks
4. BMI between 25 and 35
If you answered yes to number 1, 2 or 3, a tummy tuck would likely be the best option for you.
If you answered no to number 4, you are not likely a good candidate for plastic surgery of your abdomen at this time. If you struggle with your weight, a structured weight loss program or bariatric surgery may serve you best before considering your abdominal plastic surgery.
- · Keep in mind that a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has extensive experience in both procedures with successful results.
- · Second, based on their assessment, you must be open to the possibility that your surgeon may recommend a different course of action than the one you may have in mind.
- · Finally, you must be committed to following all post-surgical instructions, including maintaining a long-term healthy diet and exercise regimen to sustain your results.
I am happy to answer any questions that you still have. Call my office for a consultation.
Why Dr. Stephenson is uniquely qualified to perform your procedure:
Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
Certified by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Member, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Extensive aesthetic and reconstructive surgical experience