5 Tips YOU should know about BOTOX®
BOTOX® cosmetic is a non-invasive treatment to reduce the signs of facial aging from Millennials to Baby Boomers. BOTOX® temporarily softens muscles, when contracted, produce creases and wrinkles.
So, if you are considering BOTOX®, here are few things to know.
1. What types of facial wrinkles can benefit from BOTOX® treatments?
- Forehead- Horizontal lines that form during facial expression
- Brow- Known as the glabella. Active lines between the brows “11 lines”.
- Outer corner of eyes- Active lines are known as “crow’s feet”
- Upper Nose- Active upper nasal squint lines also known as “Bunny lines”.
2. What does BOTOX® treatment feel like and how long does it take?
Botox treatments take only a few minutes. The discomfort is mild discomfort. No anesthesia is required but I prefer to administer a topical numbing cream for my patient’s comfort. The BOTOX® skillfully placed into specific muscles. It generally takes three to seven days to take full effect.
3. How long do BOTOX® treatments last?
A BOTOX® treatment will last about three months, on average. In some individuals the treatment may last longer
4. Can treatments with BOTOX® prevent further growth of wrinkles and age lines?
When you get consistent BOTOX® injections, the treatments can delay wrinkles from getting deeper or worse. BOTOX® does not stop aging. It allows you to age gracefully.
5. Who should administer my Botox?
There are many skillful practitioners that can administer BOTOX®. Whomever you choose to administer your treatment please check their credentials and make sure that they have extensive experience and a very detailed understanding a facial anatomy.
Why Dr. Stephenson is uniquely qualified to perform your BOTOX®:
Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
Certified by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Member, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Performed thousands of surgeries for aesthetic and reconstructive issues
And, he is a nice guy!