Meet Dr. Nakano@headingTag>
Dr. Phillip Nakano is a skillful and highly-experienced plastic and reconstructive surgeon of the face, breast and body in Duluth, GA. As an Atlanta native, Dr. Nakano is thrilled to be able to help patients accomplish their aesthetic goals at the Prima Center, which is within close proximity to his hometown. Dr. Nakano’s main goal is to make sure that his patients are happy and receive the desired results. With his vast knowledge, friendly manner and excellent results, Dr. Nakano is known as one of the best plastic surgeons in Georgia and has consistently been honored throughout his career.
Specialties and Skills@headingTag>
Although well-versed in all aspects of plastic surgery, Dr. Nakano has several specialties that he focuses on. Face and body cosmetic surgery procedures, breast enlargement, breast reconstruction and post bariatric body contouring are of particular interest to Dr. Nakano. He received specialized instruction in craniofacial training, which allows Dr. Nakano to successfully repair a number of deformities. In addition, the surgeon is passionate about helping patients achieve a more proportionate, contoured body following weight loss surgery in order to accomplish all of their weight loss goals.
Education and Training@headingTag>
Dr. Nakano completed his undergraduate studies at the prestigious Duke University. From there, he earned his medical degree from the Emory University School of Medicine. In addition, he completed his general surgery residency at Emory University. At Louisiana State University Medical Center, Dr. Nakano fulfilled his plastic surgery training as a resident. His plastic surgery fellowship was at the University of Toronto Hospital for Sick Children. It was at this highly-esteemed hospital where Dr. Nakano received highly-specialized training in craniofacial surgery.
As a trusted and highly-regarded plastic surgeon, Dr. Nakano has consistently been named and honored as one of the best plastic surgeons and top doctors by Atlanta Magazine’s highly-selective Castle Connolly’s “Top Doctors” list from 2007-2015. Dr. Nakano was also honored by Vitals’ Patients’ Choice Award from 2008 to 2010. In addition, Dr. Nakano has been named a “Super Doctor” by superdoctors.com. The highly sought-after plastic surgeon has been selected for numerous speaking engagements to provide his expertise and knowledge in the world of plastic surgery.
Some of Dr. Nakano’s most notable achievements and milestones are highlighted below.
- Prima Center for Plastic Surgery, Duluth, GA
1992 to Present
- Gwinnett Medical Center
- Emory Johns Creek Hospital
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- University of Toronto Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON
Plastic Surgery Fellowship, Craniofacial Training, 1989
- Louisiana State University, Medical Center, New Orleans, LA
Residency, Plastic Surgery, 1986-1988
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Residency, General Surgery, 1981-1986
- Emory University, School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
M.D. conferred, 1981
- Duke University, Durham, NC
Undergraduate Studies, 1974-1977
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Inc.
- The Georgia Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The Gwinnett-Forsyth Medical Society
- The Medical Association of Georgia
Academic Teaching Appointments
- Eastern Virginia Medical School, Department of Plastic Surgery, Norfolk, VA
Clinical Assistant Professor, 1990 – 1992
Honors & Awards
- “Top Doc Award,” Atlanta Magazine, 2007-2015
- Vitals’ Patients’ Choice Award, 2008-2010
- “Super Doctor” by superdoctors.com
Publications and Presentations
- Tomizawa, Y.; Soejima, K.; Koyanagi, H.; Suzuki, S.; Nakano, P.; Kazama, S.; Sasaki, A. (Clinical study of the William Harvey H-1700 oxygenator for open heart surgery). Kyobu Geka. 1985, June 2001.
- Bloom, R. R.; Nakano, P. H.; Gray S. W.; Skandalakis, J. E. Foreign bodies of the gastrointestinal tract. Am Surg. 1986, November 2001.
- Nakano, P. H., Bloom, R. R., Brown, B. C., Gray, S. W., Skandalakis, J. E., Kibbe, J. M. Apudomas. Am Surg. 1987.
- Posnick, J. C.; Bite, U.; Nakano, P.; Davis, J.; Armstrong, D. Indirect intracranial volume measurements using CT scans: clinical applications for craniosynostosis. Plastic Reconstructive Surg. 1992.
- Posnick, J. C.; Nakano, P.; Taylor, M. A modified occlusal splint to avoid tracheotomy for total midface osteotomies. Ann Plast Surg. 1992.